Borland Kylix on (B)LFS 6.0

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 9 07:52:50 PST 2005

Rincewind wrote:

> /opt/kylix3/bin/delphi: relocation error:
> /opt/kylix3/bin/libwine.borland.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not
> defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

This means that your glibc build did not support ABI compatibility with
glibc-2.0. This normally happens by default, so did you modify the LFS
6.0 build instructions related to glibc in any way?

You may also have to try LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.20 (or something similar),
although I don't know if that will work since it may be RedHat specific.
Generally speaking, these problems are caused by trying to use binaries
that were linked against a LinuxThreads-enabled glibc when your system
has NPTL-enabled glibc. Without the source for the application, you have
many potential problems :-(