Fwd: Re: thoughts on kernel security issues

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun Feb 6 15:08:34 PST 2005

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net wrote:

> Anyone here have experience with the -ac tree?  In the 'warning' Carlos
> proposes a mention of this tree might be a good thing.

 I'm happily using 2.6.10-ac10 on *desktops* here, but my use is best
described as beta-testing, so I doubt it has any relevance to servers.
On balance, I _think_ -as might be a better way to go, except that it
doesn't seem to be on kernel.org or its mirrors.

 If you want to run -ac, you probably should be following lkml, which
rules most people out.  OTOH, -as3 is reported to be out, but I don't
remember seeing an announcement for it.

Ken