Hardware problem (I think)

Tartarus tartarus__666 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 23:56:56 PST 2005

In news:1107640806.8594.6.camel at meteor.sequestor.lan,
S. Anthony Sequeira <tony at sequeira.org.uk> typed:

> I have an old IBM 300GL, I bought second hand.
> 8603 Pointing device error.
>
> And the mouse (PS2) is unusable.

Not exactly the same but I have an IBM 300PL which I understand is very
similar.

I installed a KVM switch to allow sharing of mouse, keyboard and monitor
with anoher system ... I was getting Bios Pointing device error after
the 300PL booted automatically (aftre power fail) with KVM switch in the
wrong place.

I changed the BIOS to no pointing device and saved it and all my
problems went away :-)

Linux (mandrake 10) is clever enough to figure it out and I still get my
mouse support! :-)

Regards

Tony Sauri