Hardware problem (I think)

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.org.uk
Sat Feb 5 14:00:06 PST 2005

I have an old IBM 300GL, I bought second hand.

Recently it has started (consistently on boot), coming up with

8603 Pointing device error.

And the mouse (PS2) is unusable.

This used to happen, previously, but a switch off and on fixed it.  It
just does not go away now.

My research indicates that this is a system board failure.

I know we have some very knowledgeable hardware people in the community.
Any idea how, if possible, this can be fixed?  It's not critical, I can
get by without a mouse on the machine (it's a server).  Just wondering
whether this is the beginning of a general failure.

Cheers.
--
To every Ph.D. there is an equal and opposite Ph.D.
-- B. Duggan