Thunderbird users: an extension to combat those who don't trim their replies

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Fri Feb 4 07:56:13 PST 2005

2005-02-04T15:31:44 Hui Zhou:
> >>So we should encourage not trimming quotes this time then? So
> >>there will be no context lost.

Well, lots of people doing that would certainly cut down on the
apparent volume of this list, as more and more inconsiderate oafs
get plonked.

> Well, until all the other mail reader catch up ...

A mail reader can't compensate for an inconsiderate poster; trimming
quotes can be done effectively only by someone who is considering
the details of just what bits they're responding to, the rhythm of
the dialogue, and so on.

A poster without the wit and willingness to do that can be plonked
with confidence that you'll lose nothing of value.

-Bennett