Thunderbird users: an extension to combat those who don't trim their replies

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 4 07:24:01 PST 2005

Hui Zhou wrote:

> So we should encourage not trimming quotes this time then? So there will
> be no context lost. Similar to gmail's never delete policy.

Well you can't expect that everyone is going to be using Thunderbird and
opting to use this extension with it.  Also, if we never trimmed, we'd
just be filling each other's inboxes with loads of duplicated text that
just takes up space.

Trimming, IMHO, is still a considerate thing to do.

--
Jeremy H.