trying to simplify an algorithm

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 3 09:44:48 PST 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 12:44, Allard Welter wrote:
> On Thursday 03 February 2005 17:36, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> > IIRC, the sum of external angles on a triangle is 360° and internal
> > ones is 180°.
>
> The angle about a point is 360°, times three minus 180° gives 900°.

By "external angle" (sorry I'm not native English speaker, so I may be unclear
sometimes ;-)) I meant the angle formed between an edge (or side) and the
extension of an adjacent edge. It's like the gamma angle on the second figure
on http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ExteriorAngle.html

> > Also note that a equilateral triangle is also scalene, but I suppose
> > for the purposes of this "problem" it should classify a equilateral
> > triangle as only equilateral.
>
> I can only assume you were thinking of something else when you wrote
> this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle#Types_of_triangles

You're right, I meant "Also note that an equilateral triangle is also
_isosceles_" (or at least a particular case of it) :-)

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/