Make Your Own LFS Live CD Project ?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 1 00:10:39 PST 2005

On January 31, 2005 11:40 pm, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> distribution, I got fucking
>
> "Which list"

That was uncalled for (such a response on the list). A lot of mailinglist
animosity has/had been going on that is in the progress of being weeded out
and dealt with in private.

off topic posts are the nature of mailinglists. Separate mailinglists try to
overcome it, but you can't kill all off-topic stuff. Live bootcd stuff sort
of belongs on lfs-dev since it has become part of the LFS book and is shipped
with the printed books, etc. Opinions on it are divided I suppose. Moot point
now too.

> as the first reply to my question. (perhaps I worded my question
> wrong, but still)

No, not really to be honest. It had become a practice of sorts that was
regrettable (and if it it still happens it won't for much longer. See "dealt
with in private" comment above. I try to keep such things off the list
whenever is feasible).

--
Gerard Beekmans