Gmail Invites

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 29 14:55:44 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 03:25:36PM +0200, Uli Fahrenberg wrote:
> You read Cringely's comments about gmail?
>
> 	http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20040909.html
>
> It's not just a list; by the "A invites B invites C..." process they get
> a graph, a social network of some kind. Much more valuable than a list.

Ugh. I'm even more glad I'm not a gmail user. I'm just surprised that
people who successfully avoid the ever growing quality of social
engineering in today's spam haven't caught on to this.

--
Archaic

"America is at that awkward stage.  It's too late to work within the
system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

- Claire Wolfe