Email archive searching (was Re: Gmail Invites)

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Fri Oct 29 13:27:00 PDT 2004

2004-10-29T18:16:20 Miguel Bazdresch:
> Seriously, I'll take mutt's limit command over a google email
> search any time.

It's hot, no doubt about it, I use it all the time.

But for big email archives, like high-traffic lists kept for years,
I use a second level; I index my mailing list archives nightly with
swish++, then use a script to let me rapidly find all messages
containing matches for a list of keywords, link them into a
temporary maildir, then run mutt on that so I can tighten down with
limiting.

-Bennett