A couple of firefox quirks

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 28 14:46:00 PDT 2004

So, I've just upgraded to the -rc1 release.  This broke some of my
plugins and my theme.  The plugins are no problem, they've been updated
quickly and are now available from update.mozilla.org.  My theme
(Noia2-Extreme).  The version on update.mozilla.org is incompatible with
the latest firefox release, but the author has an updated version at
http://www.deviantart.com/view/4266778/.  The instructions say to
download the .jar file and drag and drop it onto the theme manager
window.  That doesn't appear to work in Linux (using Konqueror to do the
d 'n' d).  Does anyone know how to manually install a theme (i.e.
extracting the jar file and putting it's contents in the right place).

Additionally does anyone know how to install plugins system-wide (i.e.
so they're accessible to all users?).  I thought installing them as root
would do it, but apparently that just gives root access to it.

One last one.  I get a warning box that has no text in it.  From when
and where it occurs I think it's the cookie warning box.  It's got an
'i' in a speech bubble and 3 buttons at the bottom.  The left-most one
is blank, and the other 2 read 'No' and 'Yes'.  Does anyone else see
this, or am I just unlucky.  And no, I didn't use any optimisations on it :)

Thanks,

Matt.