ATTN: jook

jook spam at example.invalid
Mon Oct 25 18:53:02 PDT 2004

John Gay <johngay at eircom.net> wrote in
news:200410221257.37244.johngay at eircom.net:

> On Wed 20 Oct 2004 22:28, jook wrote:
>> jook <spam at example.invalid> wrote in news:ckhefv$q3u$1
>>
>> @belgarath.linuxfromscratch.org:
>> > ho hum, ep4 is on ftp now.
>>
>> ep5 is up.
>
> Thanx again. Shame this is my last week with Broadband. I'll have to see
if I
> can get someone else to fetch the last episode next week for me.
>
> I've also figured out how to fetch the surround sound versions with
mplayer,
> but I'm missing the first two. Now I just need to figure out how to burn
them
> to CD so that my surround sound system can decode and play them back
> properly.
>
> Cheers,
>
>      John Gay

I found the bit torrents on http://www.uknova.com/ (along with loads of TV
I failed to record on my confusing new dvd recorder).
The bbc newsgroup has a post of ep-6 (not yet broadcast - will be on
tonight) ripped from the bbc cd, The cd has extended episodes on. Someone
else replied that the cd versions were a bit better than the broadcast
version. I listened to the first but haven't got around to the rest yet.
I'm currently grabbing the first 5 episodes as 5.1 WMA and they should be
complete within an hour or so of this post (they are downloading straight
into the ftp directory). 6 should be there this time tomorrow.