Kind of memory to a Pentium II-type box?

Jörg W Mittag Joerg.Mittag at Web.De
Mon Oct 25 09:37:30 PDT 2004

Ian Molton wrote:
> Jörg W Mittag wrote:
>> BTW: there's another
>> driver in there that does exactly the same for unused graphics RAM.
> Cute.

I just noticed that I was actually talking about two applications of the
same driver. Apparently, it simply accesses memory via the PCI bus and
exports it as a block device, regardless of whether that memory actually
happens to be system RAM on your motherboard, {frame,texture,whatever}buffer
on your graphics board, config RAM on your SCSI controller, cache on your
RAID controller or something entirely different, like a PCI memory add-on
card.

I think, I have some links in my much too big and hopelessly outdated,
completely unorganized linklist. Ah, there it is:

<URL:http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Joerg.Mittag/bookmarks.html#vram>

jwm
--
kdebase-3.1.4% ./configure