Kind of memory to a Pentium II-type box?

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Sun Oct 24 18:10:00 PDT 2004

I installed Linux for a friend on a box with a Pentium II 300 MHz
(just to date it). Unfortunately it runs a bit slow with heavy
swapping, especially for Openoffice. Firefox is barely usable. This is
mainly because it only has 64 MB memory. Now, I'm wondering if anybody
knows which kind of RAM is likely in this box. I'm going to open it to
make sure, but I'm curious what was used at that time. Also, is it
still possible to get ahold of such old memory?

Björn