DynDNS type services; options, opinions and clients...

Durk van Veen nntp.durk at cox.net
Mon Oct 11 19:49:41 PDT 2004

Andrew Calkin wrote:
> Hi, I am considering using some form of dynamic DNS service so that
> I can keep track of my machines at home on a (surprise!) dynamic IP
> link.

After all the endorsements for dyndns, I want to plug zoneedit.com who I've
been using for a few years. They have a Python script on their site that you
can run from cron to do the updates. The script has a local cache of the IP
so it doesn't just blindly notify the main site even though the IP hasn't
really changed.

Works like a charm,

Durk