DynDNS type services; options, opinions and clients...

Andrew Calkin calkin at ieee.org
Mon Oct 11 08:30:43 PDT 2004

Hi, I am considering using some form of dynamic DNS service so that
I can keep track of my machines at home on a (surprise!) dynamic IP
link.

Anyone care to share experiences, general opinions etc on available
(free) dynamic DNS service providers and clients for updating the
service? There are some I've found myself, but I don't know if one
is clearly better than any other as yet.

Separately, what holes would I have to poke in a firewall so that
different clients could be used? Anything special?

Regards,
//Andrew