How good is the pre-6.0 LFS ?

Shane Johnson sdj at RasmussenEquipment.com
Wed Oct 6 14:39:15 PDT 2004

Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) wrote:
> but how close is the pre-6.0 version from the final one ? And how stable
is it ?

It's *very* close and therefore *very* stable.  I'd definitely recommend
it, to save you having to "unlearn" anything from 5.1.1 that we've done
differently in 6.0 (namely upgraded to a 2.6 kernel, NPTL threading,
dynamic devices instead of a static /dev tree, etc.).

Best of luck with it,

Matt.
--

Would it be possible to get a time frame on the LFS 6.0 release date?

Thanks
Shane

---