How good is the pre-6.0 LFS ?

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 6 14:57:24 PDT 2004

Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) wrote:
> Le Wed, 06 Oct 2004 22:38:32 +0100 Matthew Burgess
> <matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> a écrit :
>

>>Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) wrote:
>>
>>>but how close is the pre-6.0 version from the final one ? And how
>>>stable is it ?
>>
>>It's *very* close and therefore *very* stable.  I'd definitely recommend
>>
>>it, to save you having to "unlearn" anything from 5.1.1 that we've done
>>differently in 6.0 (namely upgraded to a 2.6 kernel, NPTL threading,
>>dynamic devices instead of a static /dev tree, etc.).
>>
>>Best of luck with it,
>>
>>Matt.
>

> Djezus ! That was a fast answer ! Thanks :-)
>
> By the way, how can I get a "linuxfromscratch" email adress ? There used
> to be a LFS club some time ago, but I can't find it anymore ???

They're only given out to those with access to the project server.
That's only given on an as-needed basis, i.e. by becoming an editor or a
server-admin.

As far as the LFS club, I've never heard of that (that doesn't mean it
doesn't exist of course! My memory's atrocious).  You can "Get Counted"
as an LFS user though, at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/cgi-bin/lfscounter.cgi.

Regards,

Matt.