How good is the pre-6.0 LFS ?

Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) nicolas.francois at free.fr
Wed Oct 6 15:39:16 PDT 2004

Hi. I've been working and learning on a LFS 4.1 for the past two years,
and before that, a 4.0, a 3.1 and a few CVS. As I recently acquired some
new hardware (Athlon 2600+, KT333 MB and a few other things plugged on the
USB bus), I'd like to upgrade.

My point is : I'd like to install the most recent LFS, and don't mind
building an unstable version (LFS work is so fine, "unstable" is no more
what it used to be on my OOOLD Window$ times ;-), but how close is the
pre-6.0 version from the final one ? And how stable is it ?

I'll have some free time in two or three weeks, and I'll upgrade at that
moment. Should I stay on 5.1, or can I use the pre-6.0 ? (I think it's
clear, now ;-)

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS