Personal email cert for S/MIME

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 26 17:29:43 PST 2004

John wrote:

> Enigmail.  It is the extension to enable GNUPG in TB, also there is an
> official win32 build of GNUPG.  It works flawlessly.
> It should be on the Moz. Update and GNUPG on the official website.

Yes, thanks for the two pointers to Enigmail... it installed easily, and
works beautifully. The outgoing messages are not as "clean" as S/MIME,
so I'll have to decide whether I want to stick with this arrangement or not.

For reference, it _is_ possible to use a Thawte free personal email
certificate with Thunderbird's S/MIME support; you just have to
generate/install the cert with Firefox, then export it and import it
into Thunderbird.