chirping mobo

Jörg W Mittag Joerg.Mittag at Web.De
Fri Nov 26 02:15:13 PST 2004

michael wrote:
> Asus p4s8x-x ,kv 2.6.9,after compiling  i2c support into the kernel was
> delighted to at long last have a lot of sensors working on gkrellm,but
> alas,the birds outside now have  emulation,will probably soon be nesting
> inside the case,any ideas short of pulling the speaker out,thanks.

I had a similar problem. In my case it was an unused/unconnected input on
the sensors chip that gave unreasonable values and triggered a false
temperature alarm. (Linux thought my case temperature was something around
110°C or 230°F for you Americans.) The solution was to disable this specific
sensor input's alarm in lm_sensors' config file. You can do that by hand
somewhere in /sys, though I suggest using lm_sensors instead.

jwm
--
rpm-4.1% ./configure
checking the coffee machine... empty - operator may not work as expected