Color management

Trekky invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Nov 24 14:12:28 PST 2004

I'm setting up to be able to print digital photographs - using Gimp with
gimp-print as the basis.  However, I get unwanted color and density
problems - differences between the on-screen image and the printed
version, it varies with paper type too.

I'm looking for methods of calibrating the gimp-print system to
eliminate the problem. At the moment I'm working by trial and error
printing of test grayscales and standard test pics.

Anyone have any suggestions as to better ways of doing it?  Even software?

--
Trekky.
I'm anonymous. So you can't email me.  Sorry about this, but the spam