Software recommendation?

Mike Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 11:45:38 PST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:32:30 +0000, Bennett Todd <bet at rahul.net> wrote:
> Whew. Never heard of precisely that application before.

<super snip of entire message to save space> ;)

Hey Bennett!

I definitely got what you're saying here. I have used MySQL for a
while and I would probably be using that as the RDBMS. Data entry
interfaces are also not too much of a problem (I'd probably just write
the stuff with vim,  use php or ruby to get things to and fro). My
main concern is  report generation. It's a really a PITA to get formal
reports done right with html. Maybe with some CSS magic it can be
done? The reasons I even consider using MS Access at all if because of
the built in report creation stuff, and the fact that most people have
MS Office. Since most people also have a web browser, that handles the
former concern, but it's the latter that I'm worried about. (or is it
the other way around? hmm i always forget which is former and which is
latter...)

Thanks for the reply! This is one of the first major projects I'm
undertaking in my new role here, so I'm really trying to impress the
higher-ups and get everything done Right.

Mike