Personal email cert for S/MIME

Carlos Martin carlosmn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:44:38 PST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:33:55 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming
<kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Carlos Martin wrote:
>
> > Why don't you just use GnuPG (www.gnupg.org) to do your signing? I
> > haven't tried it with Thunderbird, but it most likely has support for
> > it.
>
> Well, I'm using Thunderbird on Windows (shudder), where it doesn't have
> any support for PGP of any kind. It only supports S/MIME, and does it
> natively (inside the app).

Well, I soupouse you could use a cygwin (www.cygwin.com) port (I think
they have one) and then copy the text, but it would probably be a lot
of work.
I think Eudora has PGP/GPG support, but I'm not sure how well, and you
probably don't want to change your mail client.

I am then officially out of ideas. Sorry.
--
Carlos Martín
SoKrA-BTS