hardware platform selections

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 19 20:17:31 PST 2004

I don't want to start a big thing here. I am just wondering how the 1.8GHz
G5's compare against intel's of equal price for compiling power. I have an
oportunity to get a 3GHz p4 very cheap, but I was planning to hold out to get
a true 64-bit mac. Without much techical data to justify it, I think the
amd64's must be compromising something being able to run 32 and 64 bit at the
same time.

I guess my question is, dolar for dolar, which hardware platform has the most
compiling power?