tracing spam

Dirk dirk.dil at pt.lu
Fri Nov 19 06:46:04 PST 2004

S. Anthony Sequeira (tony at sequeira.org.uk) wrote:

> On Fri, November 19, 2004 10:08, Dirk said:
> [...]
> >
> > If that makes sense, what should the infected PC's owner do about it?
> > Reinstalling M$ would cure it ( temporarily ).  Any way to avoid losing
> > the whole setup?
>
> This is what I had to do to my daughters computer a couple of weekends
> ago.  Even with a virus checker, and malware protection, it was riddled.
> It's a long process, I would have been happier reinstalling, but was
> overruled.
>
> Notice his recommendation that Lookout Express/IE be replaced by
> Thunderbird/Firefox.  I must say that it *has* helped.
>
> http://www.michaelhorowitz.com/removespyware.html
>

> > I advised them to use a firewall, a virus doctor and spamassasin which
> > is also available for M$ I think.
> >
> --
> Tony

Hmmmm,

M$ had to be rebooted after every seventh time you touched your mouse,
now you have to reinstall it...  It is a viscious world indeed.

That is wy we can aford to fiddle around with LFS rebuilds all the time
and compete for productivity I suppose.

Thanks for the link, it's worth forwarding on I think.

Dirk