tracing spam

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.org.uk
Fri Nov 19 02:31:29 PST 2004

On Fri, November 19, 2004 10:08, Dirk said:
[...]
> If that makes sense, what should the infected PC's owner do about it?
> Reinstalling M$ would cure it ( temporarily ).  Any way to avoid losing
> the whole setup?

This is what I had to do to my daughters computer a couple of weekends
ago.  Even with a virus checker, and malware protection, it was riddled.
It's a long process, I would have been happier reinstalling, but was
overruled.

Notice his recommendation that Lookout Express/IE be replaced by
Thunderbird/Firefox.  I must say that it *has* helped.

http://www.michaelhorowitz.com/removespyware.html

--
Tony