sata drive

kockkin ko kockkinko at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 00:30:36 PST 2004

Hi Marius,

reading your mail titled "athlon 64 cross compiling", it seems that
you made the sata drive to boot up.  I have a problem in that. My pc
box has only one sata drive. I have the problem of kernel panic: not
able to mount the root partition or unkown drive, asking me to fix the
root= ..., of which I belived my grub.conf and fstab both written
correctly. The kernel has been compiled in with sata driver + via low
level sata driver. Can you share your experience how you made the sata
drive to work -- boot up from sata drive?

regards

kockkin ko