fcron

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 16 10:08:05 PST 2004

ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net wrote:

> Even at this late point in the project (we are two weeks from go-live) I
> looked again (more closely) at Vixie Cron.  The SRPM I grabbed from Red
> Hat has 22 patches in it.  Not a good sign.  I am unable to find any
> indication that it is being actively maintained outside of what the
> various distributions may be doing internally.  Paul Vixie seems to have
> disowned it and considering its record I don't blame him.  :-)

Vixie Cron works good.

There's an LFS hint Jim wrote that is excellent. There's about 5 patches
you have to install, but it's a snap. The patches and the hint are in
the respective projects. Vixie cron works for me exactly as I need it to.

You should try it. It will take you all of 5 minutes to install and set
up. Works exactly like the "big boy" unix's cron daemons.

--
Randy