cc/c++ optimizations

Robert Connolly robert at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 11 20:04:08 PST 2004

I tried everything and.. no. The specs file won't override -march given from
the command line (cflags). I tried -U%* and -Di386, etc etc, nothing worked.
Often flags can be overruled by the specs file, but not in this case. Plan B
would be to hack GCC, but that doesn't give you much flexability. I'll keep
thinking about it. This might be a good question for the gcc mailing list,
but it would take them years to implement it if they agreed to. Or, take a
look at gentoo's gcc-config wrapper for gcc, it does stuff like this, but I'm
pretty sure it edits the specs file and so wouldn't work.

robert