RMS: "The Danger of Software Patents": livestream testers needed!

Gabriel Munoz munozga at uwec.edu
Thu Nov 4 12:59:59 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:52:17PM +0100, n-roeser at gmx.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I announced in an earlier message
> <URL:http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-chat/2004-October/025313.html>,
> RMS is going to talk about "The Danger of Software Patents" at the
> University of Ulm today, in a few hours.
>
> According to some reports, there seem to be problems with our planned video
> livestream for Linux users. MacOS and Windows clients do not seem to be
> affected.

Well, sort of after the fact, but I was not able to view this via
mplayer-1.0pre5. I would have mentioned this before the talk began, but
I rushed to campus so I could watch it :) Unfortunately, my university
is having network problems and any given node had an average bandwidth
less than that of a 56k modem!

So, I missed it :( Anyone know if this is going to be cached on the
Internet when it is done? I'm looking GNU's website so it looks like
they generally place transcripts/audio copies, but if anyone knows of a
location where I can get the transcript of his talk today that would be
cool.

Gabe