Perl help needed please.

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.com
Sat Jul 24 15:06:39 PDT 2004

Hi,

Any perl experts out there?  I attempting to use a perl program
getmail.com.pl http://sourceforge.net/projects/getmail-com/.

This is what I get.  Only the first email's details posted.

Sending login request
Getting login response
Sending redirect request
Getting redirect response
Sending menu request
Getting menu response
Sending inbox request
Getting inbox response
Getting messages (7)
1 9216
Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/home/sherwin/bin/getmail.com.pl line 315.
220 corona.sequestor.lan ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.11/8.12.11; Sat, 24 Jul
2004 22:37:05 +0100 (BST)
250 corona.sequestor.lan Hello nova.sequestor.lan [192.168.0.5], pleased
to meet you
Use of uninitialized value in print at /home/sherwin/bin/getmail.com.pl
line 340, <SOCK> line 2.
501 5.5.2 Syntax error in parameters scanning "FROM"
503 5.0.0 Need MAIL before RCPT
503 5.0.0 Need MAIL command
500 5.5.1 Command unrecognized: "CC: "
500 5.5.1 Command unrecognized: "Subject: Mail.com users - Read your
e-mail in Outlook or Eudora! "

I cannot see anything wrong with the lines in question, but I'm not a
perl programmer.  I'm too bloody lazy to learn yet another language,
therefore this email.

I don't want to clutter up the group, so won't post the relevant lines
from the source code unless someone comes forward.

Cheers.
--
By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I
mean.