CD ripping

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Wed Jul 21 10:06:42 PDT 2004

I won't keep lobbing throwaway code at this list, if anybody's
interested email me and I'll be happy to send you my current
version.

I've worked bentrip over to work on an offline copy of the freedb,
since I was having too much trouble reaching freedb.freedb.org:888.
The offline copy reformats from a 300MB tar.bz2 with 1.4M files in
it, to a 470MB text file with 1.4M lines in it. After sorting it,
lookups take under 1/5 of a second even on my slow laptop --- 660MHz
Crusoe w/ 128MB memory.

-Bennett