LFS on my i386/20

Shane Johnson sdj at RasmussenEquipment.com
Mon Jul 19 13:54:13 PDT 2004

What will you be using for your clustering software?

Shane

-----Original Message-----
From: mrnobby [mailto:no at spam.please]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 2:52 PM
To: lfs-chat at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: LFS on my i386/20

"mrnobby" <no at spam.please> wrote in message
news:c88kue$g39$1 at belgarath.linuxfromscratch.org...

> I have taken it upon myself to fulfil my masochistic desires and
compile
> LFS 5.0 on the following machine:

Hello All,

My apologies for being so late, but this project successfully completed
on 4 July 2004 after 113 days, 8 Hours:
http://www.manik.mina.dsl.pipex.com/lfsbuild/

As you can see I have started on some BLFS packages, and intend to add
more as and when I feel like it.

In May I took compile times for various other cpu's & memory
configurations (from 486 all the way through to a SMP system). I have
not collated the results yet, but hopefully I can get around to this in
the next week or so. The numbers should be interesting side-by-side.

My next mad project? I would like to move into supercomputing. I have
plans to build a 'render-farm' using several headless 486's and maybe
the 386 as the master (even though it is called Slave), and run POV-ray
across them.

Of course, these machines will be running LFS! ;-))

Mr Nobby.

---