"Best" distro for a lower spec machine

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jul 19 08:44:28 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 04:24:57PM +0100, Gareth Westwood wrote:

> The machines are all something in the area off P100-166, 16-64mb, 1-3gb
> hdd's.

That's not lower spec, that's ancient. If you aren't worried about
security, I'd say go with an old distro like RH 6.1, though I don't
recall if it had OpenOffice back then.

--
Archaic

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.  Suspect every one who
approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but
downright force.  Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably
ruined."

- Patrick Henry, speech of June 5 1788