console vs. rxvt vs. xterm vs. emacs buffer: Output speed

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Fri Jul 16 09:25:19 PDT 2004

On 7/16/2004 11:51, Jason Kircher wrote:

> Now this is frightening.  How about "Creeaaaaaaaaaanston?"  Check your Spock
> Plugs lately?

LOL yea.  I've always thought one of the most egregious examples of New
England (mis!)pronunciation is Worcester, MA as "wus-tah".
Interestingly, Norwich (pron. "Nor-ich" by some natives), where i'm
currently from, inherits quite a good bit of RI dialect even though some
other CT towns closer to the RI border don't.

Another interesting town pronunciation actually descends from American
Indian times.  That would be the town of Niantic, CT as "nee-ahhn-tic".
 Few say it that way anymore, tho I do hear it from time to time.  Most
say it with the first i sounding like an i and not an e.

> Here's from one in the smallest state with the biggest name.  (And to think
> I'm running for state legislature?  Creepy...)

I think Delaware is actually smaller acreage-wise.  Good luck on your run!

Cheers,

~Jason