console vs. rxvt vs. xterm vs. emacs buffer: Output speed

Uli Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Fri Jul 16 07:24:06 PDT 2004

Bennett Todd, Jul 16, 14:17 -0000:

> For some but not all postscript files, ps2ascii works Ok. Sometimes
> ps2pdf followed by pdftotext works better.

For documents containing sufficiently enough mathematics to be
interesting ;-) any ps-->something-->txt conversion gives useless
results. I need graphics, so maybe I need bmv. We'll see.

> As a last ditch I sometimes use fbgs, a wrapper around gs to render
> postfix into JPEGs then run fbi to display them on the frame buffer.

This sounds interesting. Gotta try this.

uli

--
Uli Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli
GETCO 2004 -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli/getco04