console vs. rxvt vs. xterm vs. emacs buffer: Output speed

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 16 05:46:32 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 02:38:58PM +0200, Uli Fahrenberg wrote:

> If I ever find decent dvi and ps viewers that don't demand X, I'll stop
> using X immediately. Any suggestions?

Alas, no. :( There are also a couple of programs for which I rely on X
as well. Mostly OpenOffice. But even then, I generally write all my docs
in vi (on console, of course), and only use OOo for the formatting.

--
Archaic

No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound
to enforce it.

- 16 Am. Jur. Sec. 177 late 2d, Sec 256