bzImage -> vmlinux?

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Wed Jul 14 08:38:35 PDT 2004

2004-07-14T15:04:38 Ian Molton:
> Well, one would hope the kernel zlib was at *least* as up to date as the
> user one, as its NOT known what might feed the kernels zlib - it could
> *easily* be a maliciously crafted compressed ISO image, for example...

If in fact the zlib you were referring to, the one whose maintainers
say "should not be made available as the userspace zlib for security
reasons", handles untrustworthy data such as mounting ISO 9660s,
then I have to agree with you, the "for security reasons" makes no
sense.

Thanks for your patience working through this.

-Bennett