scripting

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 13 14:55:45 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:48:10 +0000
Bennett Todd <bet at rahul.net> wrote:

> sounds like the subset of sh I'm working in is awfully close to
> exactly the portable intersection of what standards mandate and real
> shells simplement.

This made me smile.  I'm not sure whether 'simplement' was a typo or
not.  Either way, the immediate connotation I associated with the
word was a combination of 'simple' and 'implement' - i.e. something that
was implemented in a simple or quick manner; it may be that is is seen
as a hack or it's just a trivial implementation of what the standards
mandate.

Maybe I just need to get more sleep? :)

Matt.