Public Message for Alexander E. Patrakov

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Jul 12 21:53:45 PDT 2004

Jim Gifford wrote:

>Alexander,
>
>    I never said you were the cause of my leaving LFS. Yes we did disagree
>on things, but that had nothing to do with it. I made my decision a long
>time ago about leaving, I have felt since Gerard hasn't been around the
>project was spinning out of control due to a lot of personality clashes. I
>don't want you decision to leave be because you misunderstood what I said. I
>have waited a while to send this email until you have a cool head. But don't
>make your leaving the project on my head, and that's the way it has been
>taken in context is that I forced you out. I didn't I was no longer with the
>project when you left, and yes we did have a conversation on IRC that may
>have ticked you off. But like it has been said numerous times, everyone has
>a opinion, and you just didn't agree with mine and you didn't even give me a
>chance to explain my point of view before you stormed off. But unfortunately
>a lot of people on this project do that, don't give people a chance to
>explain their points of view.

I confirm that I have read this message. Sorry for misunderstanding. One
less reason for me to leave LFS, but there are others.

BTW many thanks to BLFS editors. BLFS is the most trouble-free distro I
have tried thus far (RedHats, Gentoo, Debian). Yes, I had to rebuild
freetype in Debian according to BLFS instructions to fix their bug.
Maybe (please give me a week or two for decision whether Debian is good
enough for me at home) I will continue working on BLFS.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov