Public Message for Alexander E. Patrakov

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Mon Jul 12 21:39:49 PDT 2004

Alexander,

    I never said you were the cause of my leaving LFS. Yes we did disagree
on things, but that had nothing to do with it. I made my decision a long
time ago about leaving, I have felt since Gerard hasn't been around the
project was spinning out of control due to a lot of personality clashes. I
don't want you decision to leave be because you misunderstood what I said. I
have waited a while to send this email until you have a cool head. But don't
make your leaving the project on my head, and that's the way it has been
taken in context is that I forced you out. I didn't I was no longer with the
project when you left, and yes we did have a conversation on IRC that may
have ticked you off. But like it has been said numerous times, everyone has
a opinion, and you just didn't agree with mine and you didn't even give me a
chance to explain my point of view before you stormed off. But unfortunately
a lot of people on this project do that, don't give people a chance to
explain their points of view.

------
lfs at jg555.com

LFS User # 2577