SiS5513 seizure no more!

Jason Kircher cdrradar at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 12 12:13:35 PDT 2004

Probing was the key word - for whatever reason, the probe code produces the
oops.  A little peeking in the Documentation/ide.txt gave me an idea, stupid
it seemed.  I specified the default ide io/irq addresses on the command line,
and it ran.

loadlin bzimage vga=extended initrd=initrd.img ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14
ide1=0x170,0x376,15

YAY!  Lesson learned here - if probing fails, specify the parameters yourself.

I'm still going to put together my bug report with as much documentation to
the SiS5513 and other kernel maintainers, if only to report that probing
failed though I found a workaround.  Looks like this 6-gigger might get
used...
--
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged a
$25 fee for network traffic and computing time.  By extracting my address