SiS5513 seizure messages

Jason Kircher cdrradar at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 12 10:19:08 PDT 2004

Should've made my reply a touch more clear...  :D

On Monday 12 July 2004 09:05, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:30:26 -0400
>
> Jason Kircher <cdrradar at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> > Right, seems like it hung in the 'disable_irq' function.  Attached is the
> > oops report - took me a second to figure it out.  (How do I use a bzImage
> > with ksymoops?  It didn't like it, so I told it there was no vmlinux
> > file.)
>
> Ok... I dont know anything about your hardware. does it work with no
> special IDE driver? (ie. in PIO mode) ?

How do I verify this to make sure either way?  How do I force PIO mode?

> do you have preempt enabled? try to disable it.

What is preempt?  (This is a 2.4.26 kernel)

I have the config file that was used to compile this kernel, but please, this
must be a last resort since it's rather cumbersome to get files onto the
machine (no real network.)

--
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged a
$25 fee for network traffic and computing time.  By extracting my address