SiS5513 seizure messages

Jason Kircher cdrradar at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 12 01:30:26 PDT 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 04:08, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 03:59:34 -0400
>
> Jason Kircher <cdrradar at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> > I took the time to use my palm device to write everything that was
> > output when I tried to boot the linux kernel on the Monorail.
>
> What you need to do now is run the oops through ksymoops, or manually
> grep the values in the backtrace from System.map (make sure to use the
> System.map that goes with the kernel you are running.
>
> if you cant find the exact value, eg. 0xc0048983, lop off the last
> digits and see if you have a 'close match, eg. grep for 0xc004898 or
> 0xc004897 etc.

Right, seems like it hung in the 'disable_irq' function.  Attached is the oops
report - took me a second to figure it out.  (How do I use a bzImage with
ksymoops?  It didn't like it, so I told it there was no vmlinux file.)

--
Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged a
$25 fee for network traffic and computing time.  By extracting my address