SiS5513 seizure messages

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Jul 12 01:08:45 PDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 03:59:34 -0400
Jason Kircher <cdrradar at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> I took the time to use my palm device to write everything that was
> output when I tried to boot the linux kernel on the Monorail.

What you need to do now is run the oops through ksymoops, or manually
grep the values in the backtrace from System.map (make sure to use the
System.map that goes with the kernel you are running.

if you cant find the exact value, eg. 0xc0048983, lop off the last
digits and see if you have a 'close match, eg. grep for 0xc004898 or
0xc004897 etc.