I leave the project

Dirk dirk.dil at pt.lu
Fri Jul 9 03:17:55 PDT 2004

Jeroen Coumans (jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org) wrote:
> Alexander E. Patrakov said the following on 07-07-2004 05:32:
> >Sorry for all the mess that I have done with the book. I want to leave
> >the project because it is not exaclty what I need, and I disagree with
> >the roadmap. My bad.
>
> Please reconsider. LFS is whatever we make it, and if you have enough
> good ideas and are willing to defend them, you'll get enough support to
> implement them. Just because some people don't agree with what you
> want, doesn't mean you shouldn't try. The combined effort of each
> persons' view on what LFS is, however conflicted they are with
> eachother, is what makes it so great.

Well said!

> --
> Groeten/Greetings,
> Jeroen Coumans
> {faq,website}@linuxfromscratch.org
> www.jeroencoumans.nl
> --

Some how LFS without Alexander E. Patrakov would seem less of a
reassuring place.  I'm sure I'll appreciate your presence here when I
migrate (soon) to linux 2.6.x and get "hot plugged".  I'll find out what
that means when I get there.

There's more than enough place for Alexander in LFS and I encourage him
to stay.

Dirk