Next Week

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Jul 8 15:29:02 PDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, tino rozzo wrote:

> How long does it take to put the OS together?

 If you enter all the commands by hand, or by copy-and-paste, with an
average machine and not making any mistakes, maybe the best part of a
week.

 I use a series of scripts to avoid retyping the things that I know
work, and it takes up to two days for them all to run (including idle
time when I'm not around and the script has finished).  The learning is
increased when you make mistakes and figure out the problem, but it
takes longer.

 At the end of it, your new system is only really useful for one thing -
building the applications you want/need.

Ken