I leave the project

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 14:01:24 PDT 2004

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:54:32 -0700
"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
> > Kevin - did you see what I'd said would be in the testing branch?
> > hotplug is *not* going into LFS-6.0 precisely because of the
> > problems that Alexander, yourself & Ian have been discussing.  You
> > accuse me (and others) of not listening, yet you blatantly then
> > demonstrate that exact same behaviour yourself by rambling on about
> > hotplug that isn't even going into the branch, precisely because I
> > (for one) did listen to your discussions.
>
> Was this thread about testing? No, it was not.

Then please accept my apologies.  I read between the lines wrongly!

As far as hotplug goes, I'm quite happy for it to stay in unstable.  It
vastly simplifies module loading under a udev setup, but from what I
could discern, which admittedly may not be correct, is that it was being
developed into a full on auto-hardware detection and support mechanism,
which I don't believe is suitable for LFS.  hotplug, if used solely for
(other than the technical problems currently associated with it).

Sorry again for flying off the handle,

Matt.