redirection

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 7 06:05:39 PDT 2004

I've come across a need I never had before and can't figure out the
proper syntax. Take this example: make check 2>&1 &> check.log

Works great, but now I need to append, but make check 2>&1 &>> check.log
doesn't work.

Also, piping to tee is not an option. Any ideas?

--
Archaic

"Since there is no such entity as 'the public,' since the public is
merely a number of individuals, the idea that 'the public interest'
supersedes private interests and rights can have but one meaning: that
the interests and rights of some individuals take precedence over the
interests and rights of others."

- Ayn Rand